3 days left
- Job Type
We’re on a mission to make Engineering the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ocado. We’re trailblazing when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’.
We now operate across 3 continents, have partnered with multiple retailers (with plans for more) and are working on building new state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, as well as designing and manufacturing everything that goes inside them. This all starts with our Product Development team, which is where you come in.
We’re now looking for a Product Coordinator to sit within our Projects team at our engineering office in Welwyn Garden City. In this role, you will be responsible for keeping product catalogues are up to date, which will in turn ensure a smooth rollout of any new electro-mechanical automated products into our CFCs.
This is a vital role in the Projects team - given the growth in the business and the team, we are developing products at a rapid rate and therefore this position is integral in keeping the wider business informed when they are ready to be rolled out.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Communicating with relevant departments and personnel within the business to ensure that product status is clearly understood
- Assist in developing the templates, SOPs and quality standards for the deliverables for inclusion into the product catalogue
- Assist in implementing the criteria and standards for readiness of a product and governance of those processes once established
- Management of the documentation, data and information associated with the each of the products in the catalogue
- To assist and contribute to the development of the handover process between product development and the customer
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
- Work experience in a technical environment
- Detail-orientated and organised individual
- Logical and methodological
- Ability to understand technically related topics and subject matter
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very good computing skills
Skills/experience that would be nice to have:
- Ability to program/code in order to tailor various software packages (e.g. Python, HTML, CSS)
- Project management qualification
- Experience working with or interest in Lean/Six Sigma process improvement methodologies
- Experience with change management or implementing change
- Experience in identifying, tracking and mitigating risks and issues in a project or a business environment
Want to know more about us?
- Have a click around our dedicated Ocado Engineering website for info on the different departments that make up the Engineering function; what we do, what we’re trying to achieve, how we’re planning to get there and the key people involved that you could be working alongside.
- Why not also give our LinkedIn page a follow so you can keep up to date?
- If YouTube is more up your street, Ocado Engineering has its own channel - take some time out to watch our innovative products in action and hear our people talking about what we do and why you should join us.
If you need more convincing, here’s (some of) what we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination sites
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.