Senior Test Engineer
Be part of the solution – Can you support tactical communication and information systems for the British Army?
An exciting opportunity to join the Manufacturing Test Team as a Senior Electronics Hardware Test Engineer. This is an opportunity for you to be part of our team providing test related expertise. You will undertake technical investigations and electronic fault diagnosis to component level.
You will become technically involved in our various defence avionics and land based vehicle communication programmes, ensuring total product reliability.
- To work with a team during development of new products to ensure that adequate test related features (Design for Test), economical test strategy is provided.
- To develop new procedures and strategies for testing and fault diagnosis.
- To gain an understanding of the principle of operation of the system/aircraft architecture within which specific products operate.
- To be capable of supervising the activities of a small group of Test Engineers.
- Be able to work on own initiative or as a leading team member with the ability to communicate to other disciplines.
- You will be bringing your electronic skills to a team of 20 plus engineers. You will be responsible to the Test Supervisor and will be involved in supporting existing programmes along with new developments with opportunities for furthering your career
Ideally, you will also have experience of some of the following:
- To undertake complex technical investigations.
- Be capable of analysing, improving and implementing test strategies.
- Be capable of leading a small team of test engineers.
- Be prepared to act and make decisions upon own initiative
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team