Production Support Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
GDUK Land Systems is currently executing the Specialist Vehicles Production Programme and is looking to recruit a Production Support Engineer. The role will place significant demands on their engineering knowledge and experience. The role will require close liaison and co-operation with the Design Engineering and Manufacturing teams. The candidate must be a team player who is prepared to lead from the front and work with a multi-national engineering team and the customer community. The individual will be required to work across geographical and cultural divides to draw together a comprehensive engineering capability that will derive a balanced system solution.
This position is based in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales.
- Support the generation of Production installation data packs for Production platform configurations.
- Technical audit of Production build process and installation design data packs.
- Manage and support Engineering Change into Production build.
- Support the development of Uplift and Retrofit technical manufacturing activity.
- Support the manufacturing teams providing engineering domain support throughout build.
- Liaise with external, specialist suppliers of military platform systems and sub-systems.
- Prepare material and support for internal and external design reviews.
- Support critical design appraisals throughout the design and development life-cycle.
- Support to the preparation of cost, programme and risk estimates for manufacturing change.
- Provide concise briefings to chief engineer.
- Support transition of manufacturing to UK facility from overseas.
- Degree in Manufacturing and/or Design Engineering or equivalent in an engineering or science discipline.
- A proven track record in the build and assembly of complex systems.
- Conversant with Computer Aided Design (e.g. ProE) packages for purposes of review and analysis.
- Conversant with Windchill Product Data Management System (PDM)
- Ability to liaise with and present information to multidiscipline team members.
- Ability to interpret installation drawings and propose appropriate production solutions.
- Experience of manufacturing processes and assembly techniques.
- Experience of Product Launch processes.
- Willing to travel within the UK and overseas.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Pro-active, organised and able to plan and project manage time critical tasks.
- A strong background in military vehicle systems engineering.
- Familiarity with current British Army tracked and wheeled vehicles.
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural and multi-lingual engineering team.
- Broad knowledge of standards and legislation applicable to military platforms
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Automotive Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Control & Instrumentation Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager