Training Analyst and Instructor
A unique opportunity has arisen which requires the specialist skills and knowledge of someone with experience as a Training Needs Analyst (TNA) and Instructor to work in the Training department for Customer Support and Services (CSS) on the Sea Ceptor Naval Weapon system. A working knowledge of the Naval Instructional and Engineering domain would be an advantage but not a requirement, as would the ability to assist in the delivery of field support engineering to the customer.
What are we looking for?
- You need to be TNA experienced with a working knowledge of Joint Service Publication (JSP) 822 and aware of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT).
- Experience and a working knowledge of the Naval environment including Air Defence, weapon operator and maintainer training systems is preferable but not essential.
- You need to actively assist in the training development process, the associated reports and deliver training to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- You may be required to be involved in Field Support Activities and lead a Contractor’s Working Party, at the Customer’s location, in the UK or overseas, within the scope of Company Approval.
- You need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and will maintain a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- A Defence Instructor Qualification or civilian equivalent is desirable coupled with experience of working within a Training Team environment.
- Sound knowledge of the MOD structure and engineering processes is an advantage as you will be required to respond to technical queries from the Customer or provide support to design, trials or individual projects when required.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of training technologies or equipment development whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. of all Training and Field Support activities, to a high standard.
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer and industrial partners’ interaction, a strong resilience and a good communicator.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas, including South America and Australasia
What’s in it for you?
- MBDA is a world leader in missiles and missile systems and this opportunity is an influential and a relatively autonomous job where the successful applicant can create and lead your training vision and make a mark on how Sea Ceptor training is utilised.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Training and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- The role will require liaison with many Naval and Training communities thus offering plenty of variety. Training working group participation and Technology Development Workshops offer exciting opportunities to diversify the training methods and impact on department improvements.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes. Travel to UK and overseas customer locations, although infrequent will be part of the role as well as trips to the MBDA France and Italy offices.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- You will be embedded within a challenging programme and required to provide Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and assist in Training Design of the Operator and Maintainer Training Systems on the Sea Ceptor Project. You will be part of a team delivering a long term training strategy, bringing the knowledge and experience gained during the training development to the final delivery to the customer. This delivery can be in the UK or Overseas.
- Carry out TNA studies and produce TNA reports for the UK and overseas customers when tasked in accordance with contractual and customer requirements and MBDA processes.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying MBDA product training and engineering processes and procedures (where applicable) in assigned areas in response to technical developments and identified operational need. These will take into account future product updates and assist in the Continuous Improvements in MBDA Product Training Delivery.
- Lead Product Training customer support activities for MBDA products both in the field and at MBDA or customer depots/workshops (to include complex activities) as necessary and produce Training Plans, Course Training Plans, Lesson Plans and Training Material to support delivery of theoretical and/or practical training to UK and overseas customers.
- Develop, plan and manage the delivery of operator and/or maintainer training packages and make inputs as required to cross-functional projects to ensure product training is delivered on time and to budget.
- Be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and Export customer’s local culture, behaviour and requirements in technical queries whilst keeping up to date in relevant technical areas.
What’s great about the team?
- The Training department is currently populated by a variety of passionate, experienced and technically capable Engineering and Operator Instructors located at numerous locations within the UK and overseas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, many of whom served in all three branches Armed Forces and bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and experience across the MBDA product Range.
- The team has a forward thinking and problem solving mind-set that you will instantly add value to.
- The team have regular social activities as well as the usual seasonal events.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)