DevOps Engineer - AWS, Azure and other cloud infrastructures
Summary of Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our Cyber Innovation Centre in Manchester, developing mission critical applications and systems as part of a growing team working alongside world class partner organisations. Increasingly the lines between development, systems and networking have blurred. DevOps is widely used to describe this but this role is far deeper than that. The team require specialists who understand developed applications, testing and the overall development stack.
Main duties of the position:
- Deliver and support the systems engineering capability
- Sets and operates procedure for maintenance activities.
- Contributes to infrastructure strategy with recommendation and experience
- Oversees operational procedures of a routine nature.
- Sets strategy for continuous availability and performance of services
- Accountable for the operational sustainment of a large on premise and cloud based software stack
- Assists in investigation and resolution of application, network and infrastructure challenges.
What we are looking for…
Experience with the following tools/technologies:
- An interest in anything and everything and the drive to learn and implement cutting edge technology in a unique environment.
- Knowledge of containerisation and server-less architectures
- Knowledge of monitoring, tracing and debugging of containerised and distributed architectures
- Knowledge of orchestration, code deployment and automated image building tools
- Knowledge of Automating processes including CI & CD, build and deployment pipelines.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure and other cloud infrastructures
- Knowledge of Atlassian tool stack (JIRA, Confluence)
- Agile techniques including SCRUM and SAFE
- Software development environments
- Role based Security, federated authentication and secure deployment practices
- An appreciation of Linux administration
- Networks and system health monitoring utilising KPI monitoring and dashboards
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. http://www.raytheon.com/Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites with free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available at others