Quality Assurance Engineer
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Defence Targeting Toolset (DTT) programme. This role will facilitate the identification and implementation of Company and Customer Quality requirements. The primary focus is within software engineering in a defence web based/Java Agile development environment, also embracing systems engineering, and systems integration activities in readiness for release. The role will also provide assurance that the defined Quality and Regulatory requirements are fulfilled, dealing directly with customer and engineering representatives.
Sitting within the Information Exploitation section of the Cyber and Intelligence Business Unit, the DTT programme provides users with a single source-of-truth in collation and management of targeting data, including consumption of data from external services, distribution and guaranteeing consistency; thorough audit capability of decision making; automatic generation of reports; and an increase in operational tempo.
DTT is an n-tier Rich Web Application, built on Service Oriented Architecture and comprising RESTful services. It comprises 100+ user screens and 10+ business services. We work within an Agile development framework from a prioritised backlog, with daily standups and regularly creating releasable builds. See: https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/targeting
- Working alongside highly skilled colleagues to assure the business develops, delivers and maintains products and services that meet or exceed our customer requirements.
- To provide assurance through audit, review.
- To champion continuous improvement through the use of six sigma and Agile retrospective techniques.
- Work with suppliers and subcontractors in a collaborative way to build lasting relationships.
- Provide advice and guidance to assure customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers.
- Take on responsibility to assure compliance with regulatory and other sector specific requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop your coaching and facilitating skills by helping people deliver business and process improvements and address root causes.
- Interfacing and communication with program and functional areas to support the goals of the business.
We are looking for people who can quickly gain the trust and respect of their colleagues, suppliers and customers. To be considered you will need to possess the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role/environment.
- Experienced Internal Auditor or training to ISO9001/AS9100.
- High attention to detail and are capable of delivering to agreed timescales.
- Enjoy coaching/facilitating to get the best out of teams and individuals.
- Team orientated, but able to work under own initiative and take the lead when required.
- Enjoy problem solving, and have good analytical skills.
- Excellent at developing and managing relationships.
- Enjoy helping other people and teams succeed.
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain SC level MoD security clearance
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.