Software Quality Engineer
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to undertake quality and software quality management related activities in support of the Raytheon Global Sensors business quality managing a range of current and new to market Radar Systems and Global Positioning Systems related products for a worldwide customer base. In this role you will support programmes in maintaining compliance to quality, business and regulatory support, report on related performance metrics and undertake internal audits to ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- Provide quality engineering and software development support and assurance to business programmes.
- Provide support by oversight and comment on, document reviews and test monitoring on programmes.
- Ensure software compliance and traceability requirements are met.
- Evaluation of Systems and Software Engineering development lifecycles and processes.
- Provide advice and guidance to assure customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Support the business as a team member reporting on program quality performance utilising performance metrics such as FRACAS to the business and customers.
- Assure compliance with regulatory and other sector specific requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Utilise your coaching and facilitating skills by helping deliver business and process improvements and address root causes.
- Interfacing & communication with program & functional areas to support the goals of the business.
- Evaluation of Engineering verification and validation strategy, coverage and integrity fulfilment.
- Auditing of quality systems including analysis of findings, advice on deficiency closure & improvement suggestions.
- Participation at design reviews and lifecycle Gate Reviews
We are looking for people who can work proactively as part of a team to support their colleagues, suppliers and customers. To be considered you must possess the following:
- Working knowledge of software regulatory standards, test principles and practices.
- Enjoy problem solving, and have proven analytical skills.
- Excellent at developing and managing relationships.
- Proactive in helping other people and teams succeed.
- Fully conversant with ISO9001:2015.
- Relevant QA experience from an IT enabled technology environment.
- Current holder of or eligible to obtain MoD SC level security clearance
- Internal Auditor or training to ISO9001/AS9100
- Knowledge of Software standards and requirements
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.