Electronics Design and Development Engineer
Anders Electronics plc is seeking an Electronics Design and Development Engineer to join its design and development team in London. Working within a team environment, you will provide the electronics design and development skills necessary to deliver bespoke electronic embedded computing and embedded display products that meet both customers’ specifications and technical standards.
You will design both analogue and high-speed digital circuits from schematics to PCB layouts and facilitate their manufacturing through our suppliers.
You will enable and encourage the use of our products and technologies by our customers through the provision of high quality and timely technical development and support services to both our internal and external stakeholders.
You will delight our customers with your knowledge of our products and related technologies and in the way you conduct yourself with passion and integrity.
- To provide new product developments utilising both internal resources and through the management of external partners. This includes undertaking feasibility studies where necessary for identifying applicable technology, assessing product requirements and defining manufacturing process. This will also involve designing or developing an existing design.
- Provide technical and hardware design skills necessary to deliver finished, bespoke electronic computing embedded and embedded display designs that meet customers specifications and technical standards.
- To deliver and test manufactured prototypes that can be used to assess technical and market requirements and to develop the design of these prototypes further if required, for ease of manufacture and cost.
- Liaise with suppliers to provide all the necessary manufacturing information for the production and support on new and existing PCB assemblies. This will include schematic and PCB layouts, BOM’s and parts specifications and detailed parts lists.
- To liaise as required (usually on a daily or weekly basis) with our manufacturing partners based in China and Taiwan, to define and enhance the specification, design and manufacture of display products and to provide technical support to these partners as required.
- Obtain or generate the technical and support documentation required for use as appropriate by customers.
- Actively provide coaching and mentoring of technical skills to other team members and assist in fostering and maintaining relationships with external design partners.
- Assist in the sourcing and evaluation of new products/technologies.
- Provide technical training to internal and external customers in relation to our products and associated technologies
- Keep up to date with new technological developments in the industry
- Drive for continuous improvement in all areas of our business with particular emphasis on the development and support of our products and technologies.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Engineering related degree
- We would usually expect at least 3 years’ experience (but may consider applicants with less experience in exceptional circumstances) in hardware design of embedded ARM based systems and related chipsets, analogue PCB layout and manufacturing flow experience
- Proficient in English and Mandarin language - both written and verbal skills
- Proficient in the use of Altium Designer CAD tool to develop and maintain designs
- Good working knowledge and experience of hardware design of embedded systems including:
- Detailed design of analogue and digital circuits including ARM processors
- PCB layout concepts and design rules including a knowledge of design techniques required to minimise the effects EMC/EMI on embedded systems.
- Knowledge and experience of multi- touch technologies spanning resistive, capacitive and optical
- Knowledge and experience of embedded operating systems (e.g. Win CE/Linux/Android)
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance, product certification including
- EMC / FCC / LVD
- Knowledge and experience of product development processes gained from prior experience in taking products from concept through to manufacturing
- Integrity, demonstrates ethical behaviour at all times
- Results oriented, focus on achieving results with a sense of urgency
- Team player, creates strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Passion, believes in the value that our products and technologies bring to the customer
- Cultural diversity, understands and wholly embraces the value that cultural diversity brings to the work place and society
- Leadership, gains the respect of colleagues, customers and stakeholders by taking ownership of issues and finding solutions
- Customer focused, understands the needs of the internal and external customers and focuses efforts to meeting those needs.
Apply for Electronics Design and Development Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly