CEMAST has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical/Electronics engineer to join our Grade 1 Outstanding College and TES College of the year Engineering training facility.
The Technical Engineering department is looking for a highly motivated, organised and inspiring Electronics Engineering Lecturer to join its high achieving team. You will be teaching programmes from levels 3 - 5 as well as part time adult courses. Subjects covered within the curriculum include a variety of engineering disciplines, predominantly classroom based. Project work will include updating, developing and implementation of the current and possible future offerings. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to share their extensive knowledge with the engineers of tomorrow in a rewarding and exciting learning environment.
- Course leadership
- Classroom and workshop teaching
- Assessment of student work
- Acting as a personal tutor for students
- Understanding of all branches of electronic engineering
- a relevant degree and/or appropriate level professional qualifications,
- experience in the Electrical/Electronic engineering disciplines
- a teaching qualification or a commitment to achieving this within the required timescale with the full support of the college
- the ability to teach all practical and theoretical aspects of these courses/qualifications,
- the ability to plan and co-ordinate a range of qualifications
Experience in teaching and learning would be advantageous, although industry experience will be considered for those with the ambition of becoming an outstanding Lecturer. Fareham College will offer free teacher training to those wishing to enter the teaching profession. If you are an experienced professional looking to share your knowledge in a rewarding and exciting learning environment we would love to hear from you.
Lecturer pay-scales £20,763 - £29,914 unqualified rate £23,878 - £34,346 qualified rate based on experience and qualifications.
Based at the College’s £12 million CEMAST Centre in Lee-on-the-Solent which comprises state of the art engineering workshops, teaching classrooms, a learning resource centre, reception and associated facilities, the successful candidate will be a member of a team of over 40 academic and business support staff specialising in engineering and manufacturing. In November 2017, the College received an ‘Outstanding’ judgement in its latest Ofsted inspection, making it only one of three colleges in the country to have converted to the highest grade in more than two years. It doesn’t stop there; we were awarded FE College of Year 2018 and “Most Improved Workplace” in Britain’s Healthiest Workplace Awards 2017. The successful candidate will be a member of a team of over 300 academic and business support staff. We pride ourselves on providing the very best technical and professional training to set our students on the path to exciting and rewarding careers.
Benefits package: 50 days holiday (exclusive of bank holidays), Teachers Pension scheme, staff discount at the onsite Nursery at Bishopsfield Road Campus, free onsite gym, staff lounge and access to many more benefits.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Please contact the Human Resources Department on 01329 815206 or email email@example.com if you have any queries.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to Laura.Hinton@fareham.ac.uk - or via the apply button.
More searches like this
- Design Manufacturing jobs in Academic & Educational
- Electronics Manufacturing jobs in Academic & Educational
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Academic & Educational
- Project Engineering Manufacturing jobs in Academic & Educational
- Teaching & Academic Manufacturing jobs in Academic & Educational