Job Role Summary
Exxon are the largest publicly traded international oil and gas company in the world, using technology and innovation to help meet the world's growing energy needs. We hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and are one of the world's largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers.
We are seeking a Reliability Engineer to join our team in Fawley. This is the largest and most technically complex refining and petrochemical facility in the UK. The Reliability Engineering role provides support to Refining and Chemicals plants to improve reliability, maintenance and cost performance.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
The closing date for this role is Friday 26th July 2019.
Job Role Responsibilities
The key responsibilities include:
- Providing Reliability Engineering technical expertise to operating facilities in support of ExxonMobil’s Global Reliability System
- Assisting plant owners with consistent application of risk management tools to support risk based decision making
- Assisting plant owners in developing and maintaining their Asset Management and Reliability Centre Maintenance programmes
- Facilitating Root Cause Failure Analysis for reliability incident investigations
- Providing analytical support to quantify reliability opportunities and improvements, using relevant statistical tools
- Undertaking reliability modelling in support of projects and site maintenance activities
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role you should:
- Hold a BSc in Engineering
- Have demonstrable experience across Petrochemical Operations (process & maintenance)
- Have an understanding of reliability centred maintenance (RCM) principles
- Possess facilitation skills e.g. leading group activities in the development of asset management plans
- Have the ability to conduct risk based decisions activities including Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
- Have an understanding of incident investigations and associated protocol
- Have familiarity with common computing tools associated with reliability modelling, Weibull analysis and reliability growth
- Have strong communications skills
- Have a willingness and ability to travel, sometimes at short notice
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.