ICT DevOps Engineer
telent ICT DevOps Engineer
Location: GB Liverpool/Vesty Road - GBLVD
Type of Job: Permanent
Ref No: V8067
Are you an experienced ICT DevOps Engineer looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Have you ever considered working in the fast paced and mission critical arena of Public Safety and Defence? This vacancy could be just the ticket you need to progress your career in an exciting new direction!
This role is focused on developing our capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and tasks, while improving our capabilities and service offerings using public cloud platforms.
To be successful within the role you will be expected to collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers and architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions. You will work alongside colleagues to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools. Your participation in architectural discussions will be essential to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security and high availability in the cloud. During the deployment and testing phases you will work closely with developers to provide insight into operational, security and performance considerations.
- Drive optimisation of infrastructure and support application development deployment lifecycles
- Work with the Dev team to design, implement and maintain server, storage, network and security infrastructure
- Build, scale and secure cloud-based application infrastructure
- You will be responsible for infrastructure setup, configuration, deployment and maintenance
- Work with the Dev team to develop, implement and test data backup and recovery, and disaster recovery procedures
- Support the Dev team to maintain clear, concise documentation, including infrastructure diagrams
- Compare existing systems to accepted industry standards
- Work with the Dev team to create and deploy resources with Azure Resource Manager templates
- Work with the Dev team to create and deploy native client applications via System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Support Azure implementations, help build and design environments, to include concepts of different environments, security, high availability, encryption, geographic scale and resilience
Health and Monitoring
- Proactively provide third line engineering support to the production infrastructure which supports the production applications
- Ensure all solutions are properly monitored and instrumented
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex infrastructure issues in the development, test and production environments
- Experience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering or Operational role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
- Familiar with the fundamentals of web application and relational database architectures
- Possess an understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Familiar with Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- PowerShell experience is a must
- Demonstrated Cloud Engineering skills on the Microsoft Azure platform, including Office 365
- Experience with Azure PaaS services, including App Services, Key Vault, Azure Automation, Resource Manager, Storage/Backup, Application Service Environments and creating Azure Resource Manager templates and Azure Automation
- Prior experience using automation tools (ARM, PowerShell DSC)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organisations
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
- Focus on teamwork to deliver customer value and satisfaction
- Demonstrates tenacity to finish what has been started
- Develops trust with colleagues and customers
- Leads by example
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Please note this vacancy is also being advertised externally and the closing date may be brought forward if a suitable candidate is found.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.