Information Assurance Practitioner
Warwick or Camberley
We are hiring an Information Assurance Practitioner to join our expanding security team within the CTO (Chief Technical Officer) office. You will be working with our Network Services and Transport businesses to apply appropriate information assurance standards, whilst adhering to frameworks such as HMG SPF, NIST CSF and NCSC.
Working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Providers in the UK, telent are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure. The telent CTO office provides support to bids, project and programme governance and formal risk reviews.
You will be working with the businesses across critical areas of infrastructure, technology and applications to apply policy and procedural alignment against central ISO27001 standards. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead security risk assessments at business, technical architecture reviews
- Undertake gap analysis across projects and programmes using mature methodologies such as NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) CSF (Cyber Security Framework).
- Interpreting and applying appropriate standards, policies and legislation, e.g. SOX, DPA, HMG SPF, NCSC IA Portfolio, ISO27001,etc.
- Produce gap RTP (risk treatment plan) remediation plans for projects and programmes and report findings with recommendations to customers. RTPs must incorprate were possible relevant (current) threats to new systems that are being deployed along with highlighting internal, external vulnerabilities along with likelihood of exploitation
- Assist with the continual implementation and improvement of governance procedures within business units whilst adhering to centrals processes
- Collaborate with the wider cyber teams to ensure full coverage of implementation of best practice and IA across the group
- Evaluate new technologies for potential adoption in accordance with IA and good practice guides such as NCSC, CNI GPG’s, IA architectural patterns
- Support the development of junior IA professionals (apprentices) across the business
- Support CTO, IT and business units with conformance against (as applicable) NIS Directive, PSN CoCo, re-certifications against schemes such as Cyber Essentials
- Must be a NCSC certified professional – Practitioner (minimum level)
- Strong knowledge and experience of IT security
- High documentation standards
- Experience of undertaking and leading risk assessments, risk treatment and implementing practice countermeasures for pragmatic remeditation
- Experience and knowledge to apply NIST, CSF, HMG SPF, ISO27001 standards and frameworks
- Penetration testing / ethical hacking experience
- Experience of running vulnerablity scans and understanding the security risk review process
- Knowledge and understanding of the current and developing strategic information requirements of a Technology Services business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to steer on regulatory and compliance matters
- ISO27001 internal auditor or other CISA an advantage
- Preferably CISSP, CISM and /or CompTIA CASP+ qualified
- Working knowledge of List X, List N, IEC62443-3-3 related standards advantageous
- Eligible for Security Clearance (successful appointment will be subject to being granted Security Clearance)
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues of £399M, 2,200 employees and 50 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, we are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.