TOC Field Technician
Job Title: TOC Field Technician
Job Reference: v8079
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: £22,000-£32,000 plus company vehicle.
Are you a skilled Maintenance Engineer looking to join a growing and experienced team? Are you looking for your next challenge within a friendly and fast paced environment? We’re looking to expand our maintenance function to keep London’s rail infrastructure as efficient as possible. This is a field-based role, therefore, the successful candidate must have a valid UK licence.
Who is telent?
telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail sectors including Transport for London, Network Rail and many Train Operating Companies providing maintenance and management of our customers assets to ensure continued and reliable service is maintained for their critical communications infrastructure.
What will I be responsible for?
- Reporting to the Team Leader for carrying out reactive and preventative planned maintenance activities on SISS (Station , Information and Security Systems) across Train Operating Companies contracts.
- Attending reactive and planned maintenance tasks
- Diagnose, triage and resolve station communication faults
- Utilising field IT equipment to provide real time fault information
- Meeting performance levels/targets.
- Implementing safe systems of work and meeting all QEHS standards
- Responsible for meeting all SLA/KPI requirements whilst maintaining a professional attitude
What behaviours and experience are telent looking for?
- Self-motivated individual that works well as part of a team who also takes ownership of their work load.
- Good understanding of Network Rail health and safety is key and adhering to company/customer polices.
- Basic IP fundamentals and the ability to interrogate assets via vendor specific software
- Cable testing and fault rectification (fibre & copper)
- Ideally you will hold a PTS (personal track safety/sentinel card)
- HNC or equivalent in telecommunications
- Experience in one or more of the following systems:
- Customer information systems
- Help Points (telephony)
- Public Address
- CCTV (IP and analogue)
Location and the benefits of working for telent:
- This is a field based role covering from Birmingham to Warrington – ideally looking for someone around Stoke on Trent.
- telent is not just about offering competitive reward packages, we are committed to personal and professional development, career and succession planning and striving to be the best we can be. We offer 33 days holidays (includes public holidays), company pension scheme, telent rewards (discounts to major retailers and cinema tickets) and a range of family friendly policies.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.