Job Title: NHSS8 Assessor
Job Reference: V8132
The NHSS8 Assessor will monitor compliance to National Highways Sector Scheme 8, will conduct site inspections and assessment and support the progress of telent operatives in gaining their mandatory CBQ/NVQ qualifications under NHSS8 and in maintaining their mandatory competency portfolios.
Who is telent?
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England’s motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400 mile strategic road network
What will I be responsible for?
• Provide support and guidance to operatives in achieving their NVQ qualifications.
• Provide Expert Witness evidence and on-site assessment in support of the qualification.
• Produce action plan to show end-to-end process for operatives to achieve their qualification against agreed timescales.
• Produce monthly report detailing progress against objectives and any risks to the identified timescales.
•Prepare Workbooks for submission to NVQ Internal Verifier.
• Provide AO and QS support under NHSS8.
• Conduct Desktop Reviews of Portfolios.
• Liaise with Training Manager and Contract/Depot Managers on forward program for operatives NVQ Qualification.
What behaviours and experience are telent looking for?
• working understanding and experience of NHSS8 and HERS
• In understanding of the Highways Electrical Industry, New Roads and Street Works Act and Local Authority Specifications on delivery of highways technology schemes.
• PC literate in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel.
• In understanding and compliance with the relevant quality, environmental, health and safety legislation.
• Understanding and compliance of Information Security Management procedures.
• B/TEC Ordinary National Certificate in electronics/telecommunications engineering (or an equivalent qualification) OR experience working in Traffic Signal industry or closely related equipment/systems.
• Training qualification (or willing to achieve)
Location and the benefits of working for telent:
- This is a field based role nationally– must have a valid driving licence, car included/allowance
- telent is not just about offering competitive reward packages, we are committed to personal and professional development, career and succession planning and striving to be the best we can be. We offer 33 days holidays (includes public holidays), company pension scheme, telent rewards (discounts to major retailers and cinema tickets) and a range of family friendly policies.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.