OFTO General Manager
About the role
Balfour Beatty Investments has an exciting opportunity for an OFTO General Manager to join our investments team working in central London.
What you'll be doing
OFTO General Manager for three OFTOs: Gwynt-y-Môr, Humber Gateway and Thanet.
As OFTO General Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact between the Asset owners and the Operator in terms of overseeing the delivery of asset management services in accordance with the terms of the Agreement that is in place between the parties.
- For urgent matters, for example in the case of a Major Failure Event you will authorise urgent actions on behalf of the Asset owners.
- Working with the Operator to resolve any operational matters.
- Ensuring that the Operator has put in place suitable O&M plans to ensure that all planned and unplanned maintenance is completed efficiently and in accordance with good industry practice.
- Managing commercial aspects of and compliance with the OFTO’s transmission Licence, other permits and consents.
- Produce monthly reports for and attend monthly meetings with the Asset owners.
- Liaising with the insurers and managing any insurance claims.
- As required by the Asset owners, liaising with various stakeholders, including: Ofgem, NETSO, NGET, the Developer (generator) and local interest groups.
Who we're looking for
Candidates with the following:
- Strong technical / regulatory background in the UK electrical power industry
- Ideally experienced in OFTOs but not essential
- Comfortable working in central London
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 21 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 70 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets and geographies, demonstrating a successful evolution. Our core markets include: healthcare, education, student accommodation, residential and military housing, highways and power and waste.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.