Principle Information Assurance Lead
Principle Information Assurance Lead
Warwick or flexible
We are hiring a Principle Information Assurance Lead to join our expanding security team within the CTO (Chief Technical Officer) office. You will lead our IT, infrastructure and software development teams across the business units with the testing and assessment of security vulnerabilities using best practice Information Assurance processes. Ideally this position will be based in Warwick, although flexibility is possible to be based at other telent sites.
Working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Providers in the UK, telent are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure.
Reporting to Group Security Architect, you will support telent Group security projects and programmes. Responsibilities will include;
- Lead security risk assessments at business, technical architecture reviews across telent.
- Undertake gap analysis across projects and programmes using mature methodologies such as NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) CSF (Cyber Security Framework).
- Interpreting and applying appropriate Standards, Policies and Legislation, e.g. SOX, DPA, HMG SPF, NCSC IA Portfolio, ISO27001 etc.
- Produce gap RTP (risk treatment plan) remediation plans for projects and programmes and report findings with recommendations to customers.
- Assist with the continual implementation & improvement of governance processes and help to implement security runbooks for telent.
- Collaborate with the wider technology teams to ensure full coverage of implementation of best practice and IA across the group.
- Work with internal teams, business units, suppliers as required to evaluate new technologies for potential adoption in accordance with IA and good practice guides such as NCSC, CNI GPG’s, IA architectural patterns.
- Keep abreast of Cyber IA trends, evolving threat landscapes and technology solutions.
- Support the development of junior IA professionals across the business.
- Assist ICT teams & CTO office with the validation of new products, software and services to ensure trouble free network introduction.
- Support CTO, IT, business units with conformance against (as applicable) NIS Directive, PSN CoCo, re-certifications against schemes such as Cyber Essentials.
- Must be a NCSC certified professional - Senior SIRA
- Strong knowledge and experience of IT security
- High documentation standards
- Experience of undertaking and leading risk assessments, risk treatment and implementing practice countermeasures for pragmatic remeditation
- Experience and knowledge to apply NIST, CSF, HMG SPF, ISO27001 standards and frameworks
- Penetration testing / ethical hacking experience
- Experience of running vulnerablity scans and understanding the security risk review process
- Knowledge and understanding of the current and developing strategic information requirements of a Technology Services business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to provide a strong steer on regulatory and compliance matters
- ISO27001 lead implementor and / or CISA an advantage
- Preferably CISSP, CISM and /or CompTIA CASP+ qualified
- Working knowledge of List X, List N, IEC62443-3-3 related standards advantageous
- Eligible for Security Clearance (successful appointment will be subject to being granted Security Clearance)
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues of £399M, 2,200 employees and 50 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, we are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.