Thyphoon Future Synthetic Training Lead
Typhoon Future Synthetic Training Project Manager Lead
Would you like to support the IM&T function in the delivery of the Typhoon Future Synthetic Training (TFST) at RAF Coningsby an RAF Lossiemouth? We currently have two vacancies for a TFST Project Manager Lead based at our Warton site.
As a Typhoon Future Synthetic Training Project Manager Lead you will work on both new build and refurbishments at RAF Lossiemouth and RAF Coningsby. There is an expectation that the design, delivery and eventual entry in service will be of an evolving nature requiring an agile approach from all involved functions and organisations.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in putting new technology in for the customer. You will be required to travel regularly between the BAE UK sites to support the projects.
Your main responsibilities as a TFST Project Manager Lead will involve:
- Accountable for the Project Management delivery calling on appropriate wider resource in Air Sector IM&T.
- Responsible for ensuring that the IM&T strategy, operating model and policies are adhered to in the support of the activities involved from design through to delivery and ongoing support to the TFST Programme.
- Managing the delivery of the Project ensuing that Bid confirmation, activities, and mobilisation is managed to meet Customer expectations
- Delivery of the project to time, cost and quality, whilst making best use of emerging IM&T technologies to support existing Air Sector platforms
- Responsible for delivering the project in accordance with Air Sector standards of governance within the wider BAE Systems company governance framework
- Leading and coordinating the team supporting on the project
- Your skills and qualifications:
- Proven experience within a Project Management role and track record of delivery
- Knowledge and Experience of Leading a team to deliver the project
- Extensive Microsoft office and IT skills
- Knowledge and experience of the IM&T environment would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the On Base operations or BAE customer in an external environment would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of how to deliver the infrastructure and facilities would be advantageous
What we're looking for in you:
You will have excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to interact with all levels of Stakeholders. You will be able to influence and motivate a team and confident working under pressure without close supervision.
Salary: £43,268 + Dependant on experience
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Air
BAE Systems Air brings together the company's international capabilities and expertise to respond to customers' current and future requirements, and compete for international export and collaborative opportunities. In the UK, BAE Systems Air has an unrivalled track record and expertise in the development, delivery and support of military air platforms, components and technologies through Typhoon, F-35 Lightning II, Tornado and Hawk.
BAE Systems Air has the capability to provide customers with information superiority through the delivery of actionable intelligence and information, together with the provision of innovative information systems and services. Training is a key enabler to delivering military capability, and at BAE Systems we bring together our expertise in the analysis, design, build and delivery of training solutions into a powerful combination for our military customers around the world.
Working as an integral part of the team delivering information superiority and effective air power, our aim is to provide our customers with the capabilities and intelligence that really matters.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.