Electrical Inspection and Test Lead Engineer
Are you experienced in electrical inspection and testing on new and existing LV 3-phase distribution networks?
Do you have working experience of LV industrial control equipment and cubicle assemblies?
The UK Atomic Energy Authority have an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Inspection & Test Lead Engineer to join their team within the Electrical Engineering Department.
As the Lead Engineer you will shape the approach to electrical inspection and testing on the UKAEA Culham site, leading successful delivery of the inspection and testing programme to ensure compliance with current legislation and UK codes of practice.
Key areas of responsibility include:
-Take ownership of the policy and delivery of the inspection and testing programme.
-Lead and manage a team of electrical inspectors and allocated resources from other teams within the Department.
-Manage the safety of activities involved in testing and inspection.
-Develop and manage the process to store test and inspection records.
-Advise on electrical distribution and control equipment design in order that it can meet current legislation and codes of practice.
Development and support will be provided to ensure the areas of responsibility are fulfilled.
This position would be suitable for an applicant that has held the role of Qualified Supervisor.
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading-edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
Knowledge skills and experience
- City & Guilds 2391 in electrical inspection and testing. HNC/HND or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, or a lower qualification where there is evidence of greater experience.
- Substantial relevant experience, in an electrical inspection and testing role
- Knowledge of BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations, BS EN 60204-1, BS EN 61010-1, Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016 and Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
- Experience of preparing safety documentation including risk assessments, method statements and using a formal permit system for work on complex, hazardous electrical plant.
- Experience of issuing electrical isolations on Low Voltage systems.
- Membership of an appropriate Professional Institution.
- Experience of managing a team.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
- As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
- Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.