Airport Duty Engineer
Airport Duty Engineer
Closing Date for Applications - 29 July 2019
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
As an Airport Duty Engineer, and you’ll help us to make every journey better. Especially because the work you do will touch on all aspects of Heathrow life – we're actively involved in everything from sanitation and signage to rail and roads. Whether you're helping to create an inviting and well-functioning environment in the terminal or you’re making sure everything is safe and secure airside, you'll keep our airport running smoothly 24/7. The scale of what we do is vast so even projects that seem relatively simple on the surface will test your skills and give you huge scope to make your mark. It’s an exciting place to be. You'll be doing work that you can take real pride in and feel genuinely passionate about as part of a close-knit, supportive team.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
- Monitoring a wide range of high impact and high-risk engineering systems.
- Providing emergency response, leading the team on site at incidents which could lead to loss of life, damage to property and assets or interrupt Heathrow’s business.
- Acting as a control engineer and authorized person on Heathrow’s systems for UK Power Networks.
- Responsible for gathering information in the field to inform the asset management process, whilst also being accountable for developing and implementing performance improvement initiatives
- Accountable for carrying out investigations into significant and serious incidents. You will also carry out audits for direct and contract employed labour and feedback findings to senior team
We’re looking for people who have:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a number of specialist certifications
- A comprehensive understanding of maintenance terminology, and good understanding of Windows based PC productsProven ability to communicate at different levels, whilst also being able to provide analysis of issues
- Qualified or working towards HNC or I Eng qualifications
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.