Facilities Operations Manager
Facilities Operations Manager
Closing Date for Applications - 29 July 2019
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
As Facilities Operations Manager, you’ll help us to make every journey better. Especially because the work you do will touch on all aspects of Heathrow life – we're actively involved in everything from sanitation and signage to rail and roads. Whether you're helping to create an inviting and well-functioning environment in the terminal or you’re making sure everything is safe and secure airside, you'll keep our airport running smoothly 24/7. The scale of what we do is vast so even projects that seem relatively simple on the surface will test your skills and give you huge scope to make your mark. It’s an exciting place to be. You'll be doing work that you can take real pride in and feel genuinely passionate about as part of a close-knit, supportive team.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
- Leading the delivery of operational plans for the business
- You will help ensure clear targets of cost, asset performance, risk & compliance, H&S and environment are achieved
- Responsible for ensuring that the delivery resource is appropriately managed and trained to a competent level, both technically and behaviorally ensuring that the skills mix is managed
- Working with the asset manager, you will develop plans for investment in the asset base – which will be based on risks and opportunities
- Projects and working parties, carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for the purpose of personal development
- Accountability for all assets within the demise of the business area
We’re looking for people who have:
- A strong track record of delivering business improvement and change in a complex, high footfall environment
- Effective problem solving capabilities, with a record of applying a challenging and a analytical approach
- Experience in leading change – strong leadership skills, being able to create a clear vision for the future and effective at engaging and motivating others to deliver business targets
- Demonstrable knowledge of management systems and risk management
- A Track record of developing contracting and commercial strategies
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.