IT Security Design Authority
IT Security Design Authority
Would you like to become the IT Security Authority for one of the World's Leading Defence Companies? We currently have a vacancy for a IT Security Design Authority at our site in Preston.
As a IT Security Design Authority, you will be provide the OCIO authority for Security design practices including, but not limited to: technical design and standards, detailed implementation, changes to firewall and changes to footprint infrastructure across all businesses within BAE. You will be reporting to the IT Security Director but will act as the main decision maker in regards to providing authority to all changes to IT Infrastructure within BAE. You will provide the IT Security Director with technical advice and situational awareness, raising concerns and seeking approval for changes to posture, policy or process.
This role will provide you with a chance to make significant and lasting decisions that will ensure the technological security of BAE Systems company wide.
Your main responsibilities as a IT Security Design Authority will involve:
- Working closely with EITS, Business Sector IM&T functions and IT Service Providers to articulate our overall IT security strategy ie identifying major IT security challenges and recommending and gaining agreement to the Company's response to them;
- Working with IT solution providers so that current and future situations can be adequately described and communicated internally and externally;
- Working with IT service providers and internal IT teams to ensure new IT systems meet relevant and agreed security requirements;
- Providing advice and guidance on technical and operational aspects of IT security to corporate and business level IT programmes and the internal IT community;
- Assist in the maintenance of Global IT Security Standards and the development of new standards as the need is identified and agreed;
- Maintaining awareness (on behalf of the Company) about the impact of key national technical policy developments in IT security.
- Assist as required in assessing and evaluating the use of external IT Services by way of the Off Network Sites & Services Governance Process
Your skills and qualifications:
- Significant experience of working at a senior level in a global business in IT Security activities
- A good understanding of commercial security requirements
- A practical understanding of UK national security technical and policy standards for IT Security
- Practicable hands on expertise of at least one major area of IT (AD, networks, servers, Application security)
- Comfortable in considering Windows, Non-Windows (Unix, Linux, etc), workstation, mid-range, server and mainframe solutions, as well as solutions consisting of unique or specialist IT elements
- Extensive experience of working with internal or external service providers to deliver IT systems capable of being formally Accredited.
- Security Related qualifications (i.e. Cisco or Microsoft)
What we're looking for in you:
You will be a strong communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders of all levels of seniority.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Head Office is in Central London, with a number of support functions and functional specialists based in Farnborough, Hampshire. Head Office is home to a wide range of vital departments, from Strategy and Legal, to HR and Procurement. It is an exciting environment, where people at all levels in the business exchange ideas and develop new projects.
Join us and you'll be at the heart of BAE Systems corporate management. The sheer technical, commercial and cultural diversity of our worldwide business will give you enough challenge and variety to last a career. Throughout it all, we're committed to help you pursue your own ambitions and fulfil your interests within the business.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.