BAE Systems Rochester is entering an area of unprecedented growth and we are looking for Software Engineers to join us to support the development of embedded software across a wide range of state of the art products.
As part of one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies, you will be part of the development and supply of products across a diverse mix of commercial and military platforms, from Head Up and Helmet Mounted Displays on the military aircraft, Safety Critical Pilot Control and Flight Control System for civil airliners and Hybrid Power Systems for public transport vehicles.
Approximately 1,500 people work at Rochester and we are all focused on delivering innovation and outstanding customer responsiveness.
As a Software Engineer, you will be working as part of a team of highly experienced, passionate and innovative engineers creating world-leading, safety critical airborne control systems.
This role will provide you with a rare chance to work on and develop a series of projects and products that will be utilised on board our military aircraft. Such systems as, Head up displays, Helmet mounted displays, Flight control systems, Active inceptors and Mission computers.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
- Generating requirements from customers, successfully managing and delivering customer requirement
- Developing software architecture
- Designing, implementing and integrating this technology
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Scientific/Engineering (electronics-engineering, software-engineering, physics, maths) environment that has included significant programming experience
- Excellent Software Engineering skills, with experience in C/C++
- Practical experience of developing embedded software (e.g. for embedded Linux platforms)
- Experience of interfacing software with hardware
- Experience in UML for software design and a familiarity with software modelling tools (e.g. Simulink or Scade)
- Awareness of scripting languages such as MATLAB, Python or Bash
- Knowledge of Scrum / Agile development
- Working knowledge of Git/Subversion or other configuration management
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, experience of socket programming
- Experience of Linux and Windows application development, with an awareness of software verification
What we're looking for in you:
You will be a strong team player with evident leadership skills and a strong passion for technology. As well as adopting an analytical approach to problem solving you will exercise your solid communication skills in order to work effectively with your team.
* Please note due to the nature of the projects worked on applicants must be eligible and able to pass Security Clearance.
Salary: £Highly Competitive
Location: Rochester, Kent UK
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
We support a range of commercial and military platforms, including fixed and rotary wing aircraft, ground vehicles, human-machine interfaces and power management. Our systems operate in more than 100 countries with 25 air forces, 30 manufacturers and 280 airlines. Around 1,500 professionals work here, all focused on delivering innovation and outstanding customer responsiveness. We are a rapidly growing and successful part of one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.