Job Role Summary
We are the largest publicly traded international Oil and Gas Company, using technology and innovation to help meet the world's growing energy needs. We hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and we are one of the world's largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers.
We are currently recruiting for an Instrument Engineer to join our regional ExxonMobil Research and Engineering team. The regional engineering office is based in Fawley, near Southampton. It provides research and engineering support for ExxonMobil and its joint ventures throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
The successful candidate will work with other team members and senior technical leaders across the globe and be responsible for providing engineering support for both Chemicals and Refining manufacturing sites cover projects in Europe and the Middle East. The main objective of the role is to help our organisation to be successful, with focus to Safety, Security, Reliability and Optimization, striving for continuous improvement measured by bottom-line regional results.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
The closing date for this role is Friday 23rd August 2019.
Job Role Responsibilities
The key responsibilities include:
- Supporting project development from concept selection through commissioning and start up and/or all phases of asset operational life through asset sale or decommissioning.
- Conducting troubleshooting and root cause analysis for instrument related loss scenarios.
- Providing engineering guidance in various instrument subdomains:
- Field instrumentation
- Control and on/off valves
- Factory automation
- Safety instrumented functions
- Logic solvers
- Turbo machinery controls and protection
- Maintenance/equipment strategies
- Providing mentoring and coaching to site instrument engineers
- Promoting deployment of new technology
- Promoting the use of existing engineering tools (e.g. Conval, Conval Adapter Tool(CAT), Exsilentia, SilSolver, etc.)
- Maintaining awareness of industry, discipline. vendor, and academia developments. Proving input to Process Control discipline planning and operation
- Representing ExxonMobil in interactions with key competitors, partners, joint ventures, NOCs, industry associations, academia, and industry forums
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold a degree in an engineering, technology or science related subject
- Have extensive Instrument Engineering experience
- Preferably have prior experience working within a
- Have demonstrated work experience and good knowledge of:
- International Engineering Standards (e.g. IEC61511)
- Sizing and selecting of field instrumentation, including Control Valves
- Process engineering, P&IDs, fluid properties/dynamics and material technology
- Signal types, transmission systems and experience of low voltage electrical distribution networks, cable sizing and protection
- Instrumentation Piping and Process Connection requirements for Flow, Level, Pressure and Temperature instrumentation
- PLCs, Safety Systems, Factory Automation and Turbo Machinery Control and Protection
- RCFA, FMEDA
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of behavioural skills, including the ability to:
- Demonstrate high personal effectiveness and natural leadership
- Facilitate and influence business decisions in a diverse team environment
- Anticipate and takes sufficient action to capture opportunities and deliver value
- Assimilate and applies new job-related information in a timely manner
- Share knowledge with others
- Communicate information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience
- Approach change with a constructive and positive attitude
- Think critically while evaluating problems and formulating solutions
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.