Embedded Software Engineer (Bristol, Burton, Dorking)
Embedded Software Engineer
Potential for flexible location: Bristol, Burton, Dorking
We are seeking a talented Embedded Software Engineer to work on a wide variety of projects and develop this growing capability within our company. We offer consultancy services across the whole software lifecycle to support our clients in the analysis, development, verification and assurance of their embedded systems.
Our projects are varied in scale from designing prototype Internet of Things (IoT) devices to developing large scale control systems for some of the most complex and high profile engineering projects in the UK today. Our team works with clients in a number of domains including aerospace, defence, nuclear, renewable energy and autonomous systems. This diversity and the growth of our electronics capability provides a wealth of opportunity for career development and progression.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams across the company to rapidly expand these services in a range of business sectors. Candidates should demonstrate transferable skills and an interest in a consultancy style of working.
- You will have a good degree in a Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related degree and you will have a fundamental understanding of Software and/or Electronic Engineering principles either from an academic or commercial background.
- You will hold or be working towards Chartered Engineer status and have expertise in at least one of the following:
- C, C++ and/or Ada
- Real time embedded software development
- Safety critical software development
- Control system design
As well as the above, a good understanding in any of the following areas would also be desirable:
- Software modelling e.g. UML, SCADE
- Software verification and validation
- Software safety standards e.g. IEC61508, DO-178B/C, EN 50128, ISO26262
- Requirements analysis and traceability e.g. using DOORS
- Model-Based Design
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Hardware and software integration
- Modelling and simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB, Simulink
- Formal methods
- Functional safety
- Configuration management
- Software assurance
- Project management
- Preparation of bids and proposals
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Technical leadership of projects
Supporting your technical role
Targeted professional development: an ongoing activity to ensure your technical knowledge stays up to date.
Mentoring: providing you with ongoing guidance and support.
Accredited training: if you have not yet achieved Chartered status we will support you. We offer accredited schemes with:
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- The Royal Aeronautical Society
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Royal Institution of Naval Architects
- Institute of Physics
As part of your benefits package, Frazer-Nash reimburses your membership fees to a professional institution.
What’s on offer
Career satisfaction and reward for ongoing commitment are what you can expect working at Frazer-Nash. We want to help you grow your career by providing you with the best opportunities for training and development. We also have some excellent benefits you'll want to take advantage of. We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
Apply: Please click the apply button below which will take you to an application page on our website.