FPGA Engineer (Burton)
We have an immediate requirement for FPGA Engineers of all levels to specify, design, implement and verify solutions to some of the UK’s most challenging engineering programmes.
Recent graduates will have studied digital design as part of a relevant, accredited degree course (eg Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Science), ideally covering VHDL. You will have a strong interest in FPGA concepts and hardware design.
Experienced candidates will have demonstrable experience of VHDL coding, designing FPGAs and verifying their performance (self-checking testbenches/IV&V). Experience with flash-based FPGAs (eg Actel/Microsemi ProASIC3) and Questa Sim or ModelSim would be advantageous.
You will play a key role in a team delivering some of our largest programmes of work in support of our clients in the UK’s national infrastructure and national security. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team, often alongside the client.
You will manage tasks to time, cost and quality expectations and you will help to develop future business.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- You will have a good degree or HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other related discipline.
- An appreciation of FPGA concepts and hardware design.
- Experience of VHDL.
- An aptitude for, or experience, building client relationships.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience with flash-based FPGAs (eg Actel/Microsemi ProASIC3).
- Experience with Questa Sim or ModelSim.
- An appreciation of, or experience in, safety critical systems.
Supporting your technical role
Targeted professional development: an ongoing activity to ensure your technical knowledge stays up to date.
Mentoring: providing you with ongoing guidance and support.
Accredited training: if you have not yet achieved Chartered status we will support you. We offer accredited schemes with:
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- The Royal Aeronautical Society
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Royal Institution of Naval Architects
- Institute of Physics
As part of your benefits package, Frazer-Nash reimburses your membership fees to a professional institution.
What’s on offer
Career satisfaction and reward for ongoing commitment are what you can expect working at Frazer-Nash. We want to help you grow your career by providing you with the best opportunities for training and development. We also have some excellent benefits you'll want to take advantage of. We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
Apply: Please click the apply button below which will take you to an application page on our website.