Enterprise Architect / Systems Consultant
Potential for flexible location: Basingstoke, Bristol, Dorking, Gloucester
Frazer-Nash provides architecture and design services for complex systems and to support organisational transformation. We employ standards-based Architecture methodologies, including TOGAF and NATO NAFv4 together with modelling languages including: ArchiMate, UML & BPMN.
We are now looking to expand our team who are working with clients across multiple industry sectors including Defence, Government, Nuclear, Rail, Aviation and Energy. This group of verticals is expected to grow to reflect the ubiquitous nature of information systems and digital technologies.
You will be working on projects, mainly in the UK but with potential to work overseas. Your contribution will help drive the development of our digital capability by delivering high quality technical advice and systems based problem-solving expertise.
There will be opportunities at all levels for ambitious candidates who have a real desire to take their career forward as well as forming the future development of this growing team.
We are looking for a range of candidates including experienced technical architects, engineers and consultants with experience in any of the following areas:
- Enterprise Architecture: including Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, NAF and MODAF, and modelling languages such as ArchiMate and UML.
- Business/ Service Architecture: including Strategy Development, Business Process Re-engineering and Service Architecture.
- Application/ Data Architecture: including Solution Architecture and high-level Enterprise Data Architecture development, Master Data Management and Data Governance.
- Open Systems Architecture: including approaches to the development of Open System Architectures and Design, Assessment/ Assurance of open solutions.
- System Design and Modelling: including System Architecture & Modelling, System Design and Requirements Development.
The role will be client facing and successful candidates are expected to work in a dynamic, fast paced consultancy environment. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Client Relationship: working with clients and potentially as part of an embedded client team.
- Problem Solving: skills relevant to architecture role.
- Facilitation skills: fostering a team approach and managing effective meetings.
- Communication skills: Strong oral and written communication skills.
You will ideally have a background in at least one Architecture or Systems Engineering discipline and will have applied these skills while working for a consultancy, services provider or systems integrator operating within one of our key markets. You will have a good degree in a science, computing or engineering subject; membership of a relevant professional body would be advantageous. Successful candidates will need some experience or aptitude for leading or contributing to bids and tenders and have an understanding of project management in a commercial environment.
Supporting your technical role
Targeted professional development: an ongoing activity to ensure your technical knowledge stays up to date.
Mentoring: providing you with ongoing guidance and support.
Accredited training: if you have not yet achieved Chartered status we will support you. We offer accredited schemes with:
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- The Royal Aeronautical Society
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Royal Institution of Naval Architects
- Institute of Physics
As part of your benefits package, Frazer-Nash reimburses your membership fees to a professional institution.
What’s on offer
Career satisfaction and reward for ongoing commitment are what you can expect working at Frazer-Nash. We want to help you grow your career by providing you with the best opportunities for training and development. We also have some excellent benefits you'll want to take advantage of. We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
Apply: Please click the apply button below which will take you to an application page on our website.