Head of Mechanical Engineering
We are recruiting for a Head of Mechanical Engineering here at Thorpe Park Resort!
Are you a problem-solving master? Can you project manage like you know the back of your hand? Then we need you!
At Thorpe Park Resort, part of the Merlin Entertainments Group, our staff are the key to providing top notch adventures and magical moments. That’s why we only hire the best of the best, and with our Head of Mechanical Engineering position we’re looking for a multi-tasking, problem-solving, motivational engineering guru!
The role sits within the Engineering department’s management team and reports to the Technical Services Director. You will oversee a team of 70+ Technicians and be responsible for the effective running of Thorpe Park’s engineering function, in order to deliver reliability of equipment, compliance with procedure & policy and to ensure that a strong safety culture prevails within the engineering department.
Working alongside the Head of Electrical Engineering you will plan the engineering year and manage progress in order to deliver the safe, effective maintenance of rides and associated equipment during the operational season with the aim of maximising ride and equipment availability and safety in operation.
During the winter season you will have responsibility for delivery of the statutory Annual Inspection of all rides and attractions within the jurisdiction of the engineering department, ensuring that all rides are compliant with the Amusement Device Inspection Procedure Scheme (ADIPS) and are handed back over to the operation to agreed dates.
‘What’s in it for me?’ I hear you ask!
- Alongside a competitive salary of up to 54k (experience dependent)…
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- FREE tickets to our Merlin attractions worldwide
- 40% discount on LEGO online
- Training & Development opportunities within Thorpe Park and Merlin Entertainments globally
- …and much more!
If you have the following skills and experience, and want a job like no other, look no further;
- Qualified to H.N.D level in a mechanical engineering discipline, supplemented by at least 5 years’ experience of working in a theme park environment, or other comparable heavy or production engineering maintenance role, at Head of Department or Department Manager level
- A full working knowledge of appropriate engineering related statutory H&S requirements
- Experience of working in a Safety Critical environment and a strong understanding of fault finding; root cause analysis methodology; reactive maintenance and planned maintenance is essential also
- Project Management experience
- Management of P&L and Capital Expenditure Budgets
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, XL, Power Point and Project
- An experienced Manager who has lead & developed an operational Engineering team; including during challenging situations
- Proficient in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques, with demonstrable experience of driving continuous improvement
This is Full-Time, Permanent role, averaging 40 hours per week and will include weekends and bank holidays as required.
Think you’ve got the chops to be our new Head of Mechanical Engineering? Apply today – don’t wait!