Salary: Up to £36k DOE + Bonus + Excellent Benefits What’s the opportunity?
MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within the Electronics Design Team for a Senior Engineer to design Electronic circuits.
The Electronics Design Team is tasked with supplying a full range of design activities for our complete range of missile systems covering land, air and naval systems. What will you be doing?
This role encompasses design activities from concept to production and customer support. Designs include computer and other digital design, analogue etc. including schematic capture, simulation, test specification and design documentation.
Designers work within project or product team plateaus enabling close working with other skill areas relevant to the product.
Businesses must continuously improve and MBDA is no exception. Identification and implementation of improvement activities will be part of the role. The activities of the role will often span the international boundary and encompass our French and Italian colleagues. What are the benefits for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to develop and broaden technically within a growing company and multi-skilled team. It may lead to leadership skills development for the right candidate Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success. What’s great about joining this team?
The Electronics Design Teams are multi-disciplined, dynamic teams, focussed on achieving complex designs to demanding timescales. These skills are located in the individual project and product plateaus providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence that binds the team together to face the challenges of the future. Who and what we are looking for from you?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
What you would get
- Likely to be degree qualified in Electronics or a closely related subject.
- Significant proven experience in similar roles, preferably in the defence industry.
- Appropriate design skills encompassing analogue, digital (FPGA would be an advantage).
- Possess good problem solving skills.
- A good understanding of the design processes and best practices necessary to support the design and development lifecycle.
- Have excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- The capability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
- The pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver a quality product on time and to cost.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills and competencies
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.