MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within the Actuator Electronics Team for Design Engineers to design Actuator Electronics.
The Actuation Electronics Team is tasked with supplying a full range of Actuation Electronics designs for our complete range of missile systems covering land, air and naval systems. The Role
Working as part of a multi-functional team, day-to-day activities will include design activities from concept to production and customer support. Designs include Motor control and driver circuitry for brushless DC motors of up to 2KW power.
This team is embedded within the Centre of Excellence for Actuation Systems enabling close working other skill areas relevant to the product and across international boundaries. Technical Leadership of others, task planning and cost estimating could be elements of the role, but the main focus will be the delivery of proven/qualified technical solutions to schedule and budget.
Businesses must continuously improve and MBDA is no exception. Identification and implementation of improvement activities will be part of the role. The activities of the role will often span the international boundary and encompass our French and Italian colleagues. What’s in it for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills (where relevant) within a growing company and multi-skilled team within an international environment. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success. What’s great about the team?
The Actuation Electronics Team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focussed and agile team of about 10 engineers. These skills are located together within the Actuator Systems Centre of Excellence providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence that binds the team together to face the challenges of the future. What are we looking for?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
What you would get
- Proven Electronic Designer with relevant experience of designing motor control and drive circuitry, ideally in defence or related industry.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of a wide range of electronic technologies and products.
- A good understanding of the design processes and best practices necessary to support the design and development lifecycle.
- Good communication skills with the ability to network and influence across the company at both national and international levels.
- The capability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
- The pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver a quality product on time and to cost
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.