Salary: Up to £28k DOE + Bonus + Excellent Benefits The Opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for an Electronics Development Technician to be part of our highly skilled teams that develops Electronics for all of MBDA’s products. This role encompasses a broad spectrum of engineering tasks, including some design related work, offering the right candidate challenges not only in their core discipline, but also scope for growth and career development.
Our teams encompass Missile Computers, Actuation Systems, Data Links, Telemetry Systems and new technologies/research. The candidate may be assigned to any of these teams. The Role
Supporting the development of electronic equipment through a wide spectrum of tasks including simple design, logistics, prototype manufacture, test and fault finding and production of a variety of documents related to these tasks, such as test documents that aid in proving that the design meets its requirements. What are the benefits for you?
What’s great about the team?
- The opportunity to work on some of the most advanced engineering products in the sector
- The opportunity to develop and grow into a broader engineer by involvement in different product types in different phases of the development process (from initial ideas right up to introduction into mass production)
- The ability to specialise in certain fields if desired
- Being part of a broad and varied technology and skill base in a demanding Engineering environment
- Access to broad network of contacts within the defence industry
- The opportunity to travel to other MBDA sites in the UK and in Europe
What are we looking for?
- The Electronic Equipment design teams are multi-disciplined dynamic, focussed and agile teams of various sizes depending upon the product type and phase of development.
- The candidate will work with Engineers that specialise in all aspects of Electronics design. These skills are located together in teams that provide an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence that binds the team together to face the challenges of the future
What would you get?
- Ideally HNC qualified in a relevant electronics / electrical discipline.
- You will have experience of the design environment and the development process
- Experience in a production support role is an advantage, but not essential
- You will have some familiarity with test and fault finding on a range of technologies which would include a number of the following: RF, Analogue, Digital, Optical, and Safety.
- You will have familiarity with the development process and understand the logistics of kitting parts and progressing through prototyping processes.
- You will have good skills in IT office packages such as Excel, Word
- You will be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and be keen to push yourself.
- You will acknowledge your own capabilities and seek guidance where needed.
- You will be a good communicator, both written and verbally
- You will have good problem solving skills and the ability to contribute positively to engineering investigations
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)