Are you an experienced Engineer who is looking to share your skill-set in a role that offers an opportunity for you to shine? Are you keen to make your mark in your next career step? Then this could be the role you’re looking for.
We are now looking for Line Performance Engineers to help deliver the maintenance strategy for our Purina factory in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
Our Wisbech factory makes some of the UK’s most well known and much loved brands, such as Felix, Winalot, Gourmet, and Purina ONE, and is constantly developing to meet the changing needs of our consumers. All this happens in a vibrant and historic market town known as the capital of the Fens. For a town with a rich history it also has a strong vision for the future with continued investment planned to ensure Wisbech remains a great place to live, work and visit.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity.
This is particularly critical as we continue our journey towards being a LEAN Enterprise. This is the biggest change in the way we work that Nestlé have ever seen. It’s worldwide. It is exciting. You could play a key part in it.
A day in the life of...
Here at Purina we are moving to a line centric approach to help create efficiencies with our production. This role is a key role for the factory; responsible for a defined set of production assets in terms of the engineering strategy to support in driving their area to world class performance levels in safety, quality, cost and service.
Other key responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the maintenance strategy for a line with specific focus on: breakdown support, PM completion, TPM delivery, unplanned stoppages reduction and optimisation of planned stoppages, compliance with standards and legal requirements, meeting safety, quality, hygiene, cost and environment needs on shift.
- Drive continuous excellence and continuous improvements in the key operational business processes throughout manufacturing,
- Empowering and inspiring people by supporting the line team and developing their capability.
- Responsible and accountable for a line's contribution to the Factory OMP targets.
- As required, the capability to run a production line and maintain the assigned area/machines.
What Will Make You Successful?
To be successful in this key role we expect you to ideally have experience working in a FMCG manufacturing maintenance environment and have strong service orientation amongst internal stakeholders with lots of proactive initiative and passion for continuous improvement.
Other key attributes we are looking for are:
- Educated to apprenticeship level or hold a recognised engineering qualification.
- Demonstrate mechanical comprehension & food safety/Food handling awareness.
- Ability to understand and adhere to strict hygiene rules.
- Experience in Planned Preventative asset Maintenance.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis tools/problem solving methodology.
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing tools including TPM.
- Demonstrates understanding of Continuous Improvement and cost awareness.
- Data analysis and understanding of performance indicators.
- Demonstrate that you are a real team player.
What you need to know
This position is a shift based role and operates a 4 on 4 off approach including both day and night shift working.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.