Sparkworks Modeller and Analyst
Sparkworks specialises in development of novel solutions, in particular in the domains of RF DEW, Laser and Stealth. Keen interest from across the customer community in all three domains makes this a really interesting and exciting time to join the growing Sparkworks team and be part of delivering innovative world leading solutions for the UK.
This opportunity is to be part of the Sparkworks Systems Team delivering a range of modelling and data analysis tasks, potentially including trial / experiment design and trial attendance.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking someone who enjoys model generation & data analysis and brings with them useful expertise in one or more of the following; statistics, machine learning, data analysis techniques, probability, physics, engineering or maths. Someone with a keen eye for detail and the following attributes:
- Creativity, imagination & problem solving skills
- Adaptability & willingness to deal with fluidity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and often from a blank sheet of paper
- Enjoys both working independently and drawing upon the skills from a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, backed by working knowledge of Office software
- Candidates must either hold DV (Developed Vetting) clearance, or be willing to undertake the process once working at MBDA
- A candidate who additionally possesses the following attributes would be particularly suited to the role:
- Ideally holding a higher degree (e.g. Masters or PhD) in a physics or engineering discipline
- An awareness of well-known computer simulation codes (such as Matlab, CST MWS)
- Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to be involved withsome truly innovative and world-class systems
- The opportunity to lead a passionate team of engineers to deliver across a wide range of subject areas
- Work on projects varying from a few weeks duration to several years with potential for exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects
- Opportunities to develop new skills through interaction with specialist areas within MBDA
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
- Opportunities to gain visibility for you and your work at the highest levels both inside and outside the company
- Having a varied “day-job”
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
The role will be scoped to best match individual’s strengths, interests and aspirations; with a focus on modelling and data analysis. The role can include:
- Analysis of complex data sets
- Matlab tool generation
- Machine learning
- Statistical data analysis
- Performance modelling
- Experiment planning & trial attendance
- Undertaking this role you would be joining a dynamic, diverse, passionate team responsible for the development of our future business & world leading technologies.
- Working with skilled, supportive and motivated colleagues, with a drive to deliver future technologies and a desire to see them benefit defence
- Ready-access to in-house expertise to supplement knowledge
- Opportunity to attend international conferences
- Working along side technology teams bringing to life, testing and delivering cutting edge new systems in the on site laboratory or off site manufacturing facilities
- Contribute to wider activities, supporting senior management with high-level VIP visits and demonstrations
- The chance to exploit innovative and novel techniques in the development of the company’s future portfolio.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)