Systems Lead for SPEAR New Business
Part time working considered
An Exciting opportunity has arisen in the Tactical Strike New Business team for an enthusiastic engineer to lead the SPEAR3 and SPEAR Family platform access initiatives for UK and Export, including delivery of technical and bid activities in support of SPEAR3 Early Operating Capability (EOC) on Typhoon.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders over diverse technical topics, and work with the SPEAR and SPEAR-EW teams to progress technical studies
- Ability to facilitate meetings with external stakeholders
- Ability to support business development teams by provision of technical, programmatic and cost information
What’s in it for you?
- Exposure to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of a wide range of bidding activities and platforms
- Opportunity to demonstrate leadership of a diverse team
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- Co-ordinating activities with platform authorities and across the stakeholders within the core SPEAR team.
- Conduct and co-ordinate technical studies to ensure that the impact of any platform limitations on SPEAR Family overall performance is understood.
- Work with project platform integration leads to identify opportunities to work with platform DAs to progress integration studies for SPEAR, SPEAR-EW and future variants.
- Lead bids relating to platform integration.Maintain an understanding of the missile variants which are being developed as integration assets.Generate costs in advance of bidding, so that we are ready to respond to any UK and Export bid.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining an enthusiastic team with rapidly changing challenges and opportunities
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)