General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
- The industrial engineer will find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in production processes.
- They will design efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy and materials to make products or provide services.
- The industrial engineer will also design equipment to coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards.
- They will design, develop and maintain manufacturing routes to maximise effectiveness, efficiency and space.
- The industrial engineer will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines.
- They will also work in a support role as needed on less complex projects.
- Production Scheduling and Planning
- Oversees the reconciliation of budgets and production targets and delivery
- Reduce overall organization operating costs
- Provide status updates as requested and report on issues that affect all production schedules
- Interface with both internal and external customers
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager
- Develop/provide staffing requirements to meet operation plans
- Support production teams in achieving cost, quality, and schedule objectives utilizing Lean Manufacturing tools to improve performance
- Estimate new product labour costs and production planning
- Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations
- Analyse and design sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts, establish methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems to develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods
- Interface with Production Team Leaders, Production Control and Operations Engineering
- Demonstrate effective communication, presentation, computer skills, knowledgeable in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must have basic knowledge of Industrial Engineering practices
- Must be able to communicate up to VP level
- BS/BA in Engineering or Business Management
- Work experience must include background in a manufacturing environment providing complex Industrial Engineering and Production Planning Scheduling support
- PC proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14001
- Be able to travel as required
- Typically requires degree level education, and a wide range of relevant experience, or equivalent.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Maintenance & Service Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager