Are you a driven electronics engineer who loves a technical challenge and has a desire to work on innovative device developments? Are you passionate about technology and designing products that provide our clients with a competitive edge?
• A variety of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• The opportunity to develop initial ideas into real tangible products in short time scales
• A role which will allow you to apply and/or broaden your analogue & digital circuit design skills on new product developments
Ideally you will have:
• A strong understanding of analogue & digital circuit design including System/ Microcontroller / Microprocessor interfacing
• The ability to read and interpret engineering standards and requirements.
• The ability to work with and contribute positively to multidisciplinary design teams, and be able to operate proactively on an individual basis if required
• An excellent academic record with a 1st or 2.1 degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a top university
You might also have (but not essential):
• Familiarity with typical system design lifecycle and V&V activities
• Experience in the use of Mentor PADS or Altium Designer schematic capture software.
• Experience developing embedded C applications for microprocessor platforms
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on Junior Electronics Engineer to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be a key member of the high performing Electronics, Software and Systems (ESS) team and have the opportunity to work with clients ranging from start-ups to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will work across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture and sustainability.
A day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer fields. As a Electronics Engineer, you will have the opportunity to employ and further improve your technical and consultancy skills under the guidance of more senior colleagues, on one or more projects simultaneously across these sectors. Projects range in length from a couple of months to a couple of years and most require the implementation of a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team; providing best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design. Your electronics capability will be key to delivering world class product developments to our clients. Your work will be predominately based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge and there will likely be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA.
You will have access to bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.