The Configuration and Design Data Management capability in Bristol is responsible for ensuring that Defence UK maintains control of its product definition data throughout its lifecycle through implementation of Configuration Management principles. Configuration Management is the discipline through which a project provides assurance to its customers and governing authorities of product safety and integrity. This is achieved through documenting the functional and physical characteristics of the Product, controlling changes to those characteristics, and providing information on the state of change action. The Configuration Engineer delivers this accountability by managing product configuration information assuring its data integrity through the construction and maintenance of Product Structures and Bills of Material, the creation and documentation of baselines at key stages of the Product lifecycle and the authoring of change modification documentation.
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles
- Author modification/change authorisation documentation.
- Support with planning and implementation of configuration management principles.
- Provide response to business, customer support and manufacturing/assembly configuration queries.
- Disseminate engineering design definitions in terms of part numbers, quantities and assign individual locations within the product structure bills of material, determined by their individual or collective physical and functional characteristics.
- Perform review of proposed product definition changes to assure structure integrity in support of the design technical approval process.
- Control product definition changes to the engineering product structure and bills of material according to the product lifecycle stage, in both part number listing and visual formats.
The role works closely with the project teams and design organisation along with interfacing with the supply chain, commercial partners and customers. The Configuration Engineer needs to assess inputs received and discuss impacts with the relevant stakeholders. Maintaining data integrity is vital to this role so attention to detail, robustness and customer focus are important qualities.
- A degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- Configuration Management CMII certification desirable.
- Experience with Configuration and Change Management toolsets.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management toolsets.
- An understanding of configuration management principles.
- Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment.
The ability to achieve UK security clearance may be required for some roles.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include employee support assistance and employee discounts. On site you can benefit from free parking, a subsidised Gym, Canteen/ Café and breakout areas.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Closing date: 6th September 2019
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Control & Instrumentation Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Mechanical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager