We’re on a mission to make Engineering the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ocado. We’re trailblazing when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’.
We now operate across 3 continents, have partnered with multiple retailers (with plans for more) and are working on building new state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, as well as designing and manufacturing everything that goes inside them. This all starts with our Product Development team, which is where you come in.
We’re looking for a CAD & Design Quality Engineer to join us at our Welwyn Garden City office. In this role, you’ll be working as part of the team that designs our highly automated and innovative products, supporting as we develop new automation products and equipment.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Checking CAD data (3D, 2D, Meta-data) against established Design Standards.(i.e.BS 8888)
- Checking CAD data against Design Requirements, including Change Documentation
- Provide governance in CAD/Design Review process including timely audits and reporting
- Contribution to Design Review process to ensure better governance around process adherence, documentation
- Facilitation and coordination of Design review meetings (setting agenda, recording minutes and handing over action plan to Project team)
- Update/change related meta-data within a PDM or PLM environment
- Establish and report on CAD data quality metrics
- Contribution to creation and maintenance of PDM Data and workflows
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
- A good Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A proven track record of Design Change process and CAD management tools
- Expert in CAD. Preferably Solidworks and, Autodesk Inventor
- Practical experience and thorough knowledge of applying the standards relating to the Machinery Directive
- The ability to work within a team on multiple projects, to prioritise tasks and manage your time
- Experience of delivering work packages to time and budget constraints
- Proficient in documentation version control, design review and sign off processes
- Used to working in a fast paced, changing environment
- A self-motivated, team player, flexible and willing to learn
Want to know more about us?
- Have a click around our dedicated Ocado Engineering website for info on the different departments that make up the Engineering function; what we do, what we’re trying to achieve, how we’re planning to get there and the key people involved that you could be working alongside.
- Why not also give our LinkedIn page a follow so you can keep up to date?
- If YouTube is more up your street, Ocado Engineering has its own channel - take some time out to watch our innovative products in action and hear our people talking about what we do and why you should join us.
If you need more convincing, here’s (some of) what we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination sites
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.