Quality and Process Manager
We’re on a mission to make Engineering the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ocado. We’re trailblazing when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’.
We now operate across 3 continents, have partnered with multiple retailers (with plans for more) and are working on building new state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, as well as designing and manufacturing everything that goes inside them. With this major growth comes the need for a more process and quality-driven environment, which is where you come in.
Sitting in Ocado Group’s Automation Development department, we’re now looking for a Quality & Process Manager to join us at our engineering office in Welwyn Garden City. It is our mission to create an environment with systems and processes that assure outcomes, improve ways of working and ultimately make sure that the introduction and development of new products and the change surrounding this for the wider business is managed and communicated effectively.
This isn’t a quality role for somebody looking at physical parts quality, rather the quality of process - what we do and how well we do it. It will be your responsibility to help drive this change, both in a process implementation as well as cultural sense.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Drive the mission to achieve “assured outcomes” across the business
- Work across Ocado Engineering and Ocado Technology delivery areas to establish process capability, identify requirements and work collaboratively to create and embed process
- Business process definition for internal organisation and management systems development
- Agree process definition with buy-in from process owners and stakeholders
- Subject matter expert for problem-solving techniques and approaches
- Utilise structured quality tools and problem solving techniques to facilitate and support process development and deployments, and audit compliance
- Facilitate workshops to define ways of working; alignment to management systems requirements (ISO9001/ ISO27001)
- Improvement project delivery
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
- Involved in the introduction of ISO9001:2015
- Implementing change in a fast paced environment; building a consensus and gaining acceptance
- Change management and acceptance building skills
- Implementation of management systems for operations, strategic partners and suppliers
- Internal/ lead auditor ISO9001:2015
- Degree/ HND qualified in technical or quality discipline
Skills/qualifications that would be nice to have:
- Structured problem solving using Six Sigma, 8D or A3 methods (with the ability to coach others)
- Use of advanced product quality planning tools and methodology
- Has worked with improvement methods and led activities (Lean/ 5S/ VSM).
- Project Management experience
- MCQI/ ASQ Certified Engineer
Want to know more about us?
- Have a click around our dedicated Ocado Engineering website for info on the different departments that make up the Engineering function; what we do, what we’re trying to achieve, how we’re planning to get there and the key people involved that you could be working alongside.
- Why not also give our LinkedIn page a follow so you can keep up to date?
- If YouTube is more up your street, Ocado Engineering has its own channel - take some time out to watch our innovative products in action and hear our people talking about what we do and why you should join us.
If you need more convincing, here’s (some of) what we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination sites
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.