We’re on a mission to make Engineering the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ocado. We’re trailblazing when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to be at the sharp-end of our business, leading bespoke MHE and software development projects, then come and join as an Automation Project Manager. Working across our Head Office in Hatfield and our engineering office in Welwyn Garden City, you will be responsible for delivering automation products that will be installed in our multi-million pound CFCs across the globe, as well as proof of concept projects to advance the technologies and capabilities of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) system.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, motivated and energetic Project Manager to join the Automation Development team, providing invaluable support in making our concepts a reality.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Project managing the design and development of automation products.
- Lead a complex MHE development project:
- On time
- On Budget
- In Scope
- Be the face of project for the Automation Development department:
- Be comfortable presenting to peers, senior managers and directors
- Be comfortable fielding difficult and detailed questions
- Project leadership for all the project teams responsible for delivery of the product:
- Product Development Engineering (mechanical, electrical, reliability etc)
- Ocado Technology Embedded Systems software development
- Automation Development Testing
- Be the conscience for delivering value to the end users for the project
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
- Experience in a Project Management background in a similarly complex development field
- Proven track record of working effectively across all departments and sites within a business
- Proven self-starter with the ability to influence, motivate and support teams to achieve challenging timelines and technical targets
- IT literate, strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment
Skills/experience that would be nice to have:
- Project Management experience in a hardware/software environment
- Experience using Google Suite
- Recognised Project Management qualification (e.g. APM PFQ or equivalent) – equivalency through Project/Operational Management experience also fully considered
Want to know more about us?
- Have a click around our dedicated Ocado Engineering website for info on the different departments that make up the Engineering function; what we do, what we’re trying to achieve, how we’re planning to get there and the key people involved that you could be working alongside
- Why not also give our LinkedIn page a follow so you can keep up to date
- If YouTube is more up your street, Ocado Engineering has its own channel - take some time out to watch our innovative products in action and hear our people talking about what we do and why you should join us.
If you need more convincing, here’s (some of) what we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination sites
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.