Senior Robotics & Controls Engineer
Senior Robotics & Controls Engineer
University of Sheffield
Deeside (then Chester from October 2019)
£31,302 - £39,609 per annum. Potential to progress to £43,267 per annum
Are you interested in working for a world top 100 university?
We have an exciting opportunity at the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, Wales for someone with a passion for innovative manufacturing technology development who is looking to use their skills in manufacturing to make an impact on UK productivity.
Our mission at the new Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) Cymru, in Wales is to be an exemplar of these technologies and to help ensure that the Welsh manufacturing industry as at the forefront of the 4th industrial revolution by developing and applying innovative new solutions for our partners across all industry sectors.
As a Senior Robotics and Controls Engineer you will take a pivotal role as the experienced member of the automation team tasked with the development of innovative robotic or industrial automation control solutions. This will include the mentoring of the junior project engineers working on technology development projects. An important aspect of the role will be to work with the Research Director to steer the technical direction of the team whilst ensuring current projects are delivered successfully. You will be expected to input to project scoping, set up and delivery as well as advise on technical matters across the automated manufacturing topic.
- Demonstrable industrial experience and Bachelors qualification in relevant subject.
- Experience in the development and use of automated manufacturing technologies and understanding of their application into industry.
- Experience of programming industrial robots and/or PLC’s.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and understanding of the Machinery Directive and CE marking.
- Ability to mentor and motivate Project Engineers and influence their work output in a positive manner.
- Have the ability to research, problem solve, design, and implement ideas in a hands-on environment.
About the Team
AMRC Wales vision is to be instrumental in driving world class manufacturing innovation for Wales and the UK, with applied research facilities comparable with the best in the world, ensuring Wales is an attractive destination for inward investment and the creation of new businesses, in addition to providing world-class support for existing manufacturers.
AMRC Wales is a new part of the University of Sheffield AMRC Group and by extension the High Value Manufacturing Catapult (HVMC), funded by Welsh Government, HVMC funds and the private sector. Initially, the group will employ 18 members of staff within our new state of the art facility in Broughton, Flintshire.
About the University
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
To find out what makes the University of Sheffield a remarkable place to work, watch this short film: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LblLk18zmo, and follow @sheffielduni and @ShefUniJobs on Twitter for more information.
If you’re passionate about working at the AMRC/Wales, then we would love to hear from you.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button.
Closing date: 16 September 2019.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered entirely on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
More searches like this
- Automation Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Control & Instrumentation Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer