General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
GDUK is looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for the SV Programme. The role will require a holistic approach to mechanical engineering, taking into account factors such as safety, cost and ease of manufacture.
This position is based at the Oakdale facility in South Wales
- Produce mechanical design solutions from system to part level.
- Take designs from concept, through development & validation (Cradle to Grave)
- Support to prototype and production teams during FoT fit and through life change updates.
- Preparation of material for internal and external design reviews
- Proficient user of 3D CAD
- Proficient user of PDM systems (Windchill)
- Ability to develop conceptual and detail design of mechanical components and systems
- Work from first principal calculations
- EBoM management and maintenance
- Proficient user of Pro Engineer Wildfire/CREO
- 1st hand static/dynamic FEA experience
- IEng/CEng, or actively working toward registration
- Experience of working with DFMEA processes
- BSc/BEng in Mechanical engineering/science & industry experience
- HND in Mechanical engineering/science & industry experience
- Broad experience of modern manufacturing processes & material selection for design.
- Defense Land Vehicle / Off Highway Industry Experience
- Experience working with DEF-STAN and MIL standards
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.