Factory Acceptance Test & Repair Technician
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
You will work in a team who possess a wide and varying range of automotive inspection, test and repair skills and experience.
The role involves the physical inspection, test and repair on all AJAX variants including turret and automotive systems, plus special to role systems including crane, winch, dozer blade, hydraulics and electronic architecture systems.
You will generate the inspection and test report and will then ensure accurate recording of the repairs carried out for subsequent inspection by the Quality Department
- Complete Factory Acceptance Test and Inspection of newly built armoured vehicles to the agreed script.
- Generate the initial test report and carry out fault diagnosis, repair and retesting.
- Maintain accurate record of repairs carried out.
- Day to day liaison with the Test Leads and peers within other functions where appropriate
- Liaison with key suppliers and engineering.
- Provide expert knowledge on faults found
- Complete FAT report prior to delivery to the customer.
- Generate data and metrics to the Test Failure Review Board
- IT Skills – Microsoft Office.
- Interpret installation drawings, wiring diagrams and instructions.
- Pro-active, organized and able to manage time on inspection tasks
- Familiarity with current British Army Tracked Vehicles and weapon mounted platforms
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.