Join us to be part of the driving force of Defence.
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas for Defence.
The System Design and Component Engineering aerothermal teams are responsible for the aerothermal design and validation of modules in the gas turbine main flow-path, including Intake, Fan, Compressor, Combustor, Turbine, After-Burner and Exhaust systems.
Working alongside the mechanical design teams these aerothermal teams specify the gas-washed surfaces and commit to system performance levels.
The system design aerothermal team also provide support to engine environmental protection (FOD, sand, icing protection & hot gas ingestion) and specialist analysis for RADAR and Infra-red modelling.
- Use your Aerothermal analysis skills to define the aerothermal performance of RR propulsion systems contributing to the design of RR engine and installation components
- Generate and interpret aerothermal results from analysis and/or experimentation
- Contribute to our Aerothermal capability acquisition strategies
- Specify and manage Aerothermal analysis and test campaigns
- Promote the delivery of continuous improvement & the transfer of best practice
- Delivery to contract milestones
Qualification and Experience:
- You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- Proven Aerothermal analysis skills – experience in Turbomachinery aerodynamic design would be beneficial
- Have a wide awareness of engineering issues & requirements
- Communicate clearly and succinctly on aerothermal matters
- Work well in a team
- Enthusiasm for working in the aerospace field
Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment. Candidates will be expected to take the lead in identifying project requirements, specifying and executing packages of work.
The ability to achieve full UK Security Clearance will be required for this role.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include employee support assistance and employee discounts.
On site you can benefit from free parking, a subsidised Gym, Canteen/ Café and breakout areas.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
At Rolls-Royce UK we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible
Closing Date: 30th August 2019
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Control & Instrumentation Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Mechanical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager