Component Repair Engineer
Join us to be part of the driving force of Defence.
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas for Defence.
Asset management provides Defence businesses with significant opportunities to optimise lifecycle cost and system availability. Policies and processes associated with the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of Engines and components are key to effective asset management.
As a Component MRO Engineer you will define, validate and support the implementation of maintenance policies and procedures at a component level including; clean, inspection and repair operations. This will require close working with other Engineering capabilities including Design, Materials- and Manufacturing- Engineering across a range of products.
Component MRO Engineers are deployed into Integrated Project Teams within the business.
- For Defence products
- Develop, substantiate and define Repair processes.
- Define acceptance standards for service run components.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the Repair processes at both internal and external Repair suppliers.
- Provide technical support to MRO operations both internally and externally in the delivery of component maintenance including disposition of unserviceable hardware.
- Support the identification of new opportunities to reduce the cost of Component MRO
- In conjunction with the Materials Repair Technology team develop and exploit new Repair and Inspection technologies
- Continuously improve the processes and tools used to develop and support the definition of Component MRO
The role is based in Bristol but involves interaction with suppliers and may therefore include the need to travel.
- You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- You will also be a Chartered Engineer or hold an affiliate / associate membership of a relevant professional body, or be working towards Chartered/Incorporated status
- Proficient in the use of CAD preferably AUTOCAD.
- Self-motivated and be able to contribute effectively in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- You will also be required to manage multiple delivery commitments to varying timelines and customers.
Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment. Candidates will be expected to take the lead in identifying project requirements, specifying and executing packages of work.
The ability to achieve UK security clearance may be required for some roles.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include employee support assistance and employee discounts.
On site you can benefit from free parking, a subsidised Gym, Canteen/ Café and breakout areas.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
At Rolls-Royce UK we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible
Closing Date: 30th August 2019
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Control & Instrumentation Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Maintenance & Service Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Mechanical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager