Electrical Design Engineer
Join us to be part of the driving force of Defence.
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas for Defence.
The Bristol Facility Design engineering team define and support whole engine and rig testing covering New Production, Overhaul and Development programmes within the Defence Sector. There is now the opportunity in Facility Design to join this exciting world class team in preparation for our future programmes including TP400 and FCAS (Future Combat Air System) which will provide successful applicants with opportunities to expand their knowledge across all areas of gas turbine operation and development testing.
- Establish the electrical and facility control system specifications for Test Facilities, Test Rigs, SPTE, and integration of test articles into test facilities.
- Lead the technical solutions required to deliver the necessary electrical capability in the test facilities.
- Investigate and troubleshoot existing electrical and control systems installed on operational test facilities.
- Introduce appropriate technology and latest standards into existing designs with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Full participation in multi-function design reviews to ensure alignment of customer requirements and proposed design.
Qualifications and experience:
- You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- Knowledge of gas turbines test facilities is desirable but not essential.
- Extensive experience of electrical designs in AutoCAD or similar including those used in hazardous areas.
- Knowledge of design and installation of facility control systems.
- Ability to carry out system diagnosis working alongside both suppliers and Rolls-Royce electricians.
- Organised with the ability to prioritise using basic programme management skills.
Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment. Candidates will be expected to take the lead in identifying project requirements, specifying and executing packages of work.
The ability to achieve UK security clearance may be required for some roles.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include employee support assistance and employee discounts.
On site you can benefit from free parking, a subsidised Gym, Canteen/ Café and breakout areas.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
At Rolls-Royce UK we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible
Closing Date: 30th August 2019
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Control & Instrumentation Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager