Design & Development Engineer - Electronic Communications
Design & Development Engineer - Electronic Communications / Connectivity Technical Development Engineer
Up to £50k depending on experience.
HellermannTyton Connectivity is an established leader in the design, development and manufacture of innovative network infrastructure solutions for both LAN and WAN environments; we are now looking for an experienced Connectivity Technical Development Engineer to join our R&D department in our state-of-the-art development centre in Northampton.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, you will enjoy the autonomy to create bespoke designs which you will build, test and register for patents when appropriate. Using the latest technologies, you will join a team of 7 people in the R&D department, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure your products are not only innovative, but also cost effective.
Some of your responsibilities are listed below:
- Research, design and develop electronic communications components
- Design RF PCB’s
- Model and simulate designs as appropriate, using connector simulation software to maximise product performance and minimise development lead-time
- Complete lab testing to ensure products meet or exceed necessary performance specifications
- Work with other members of the design team (mechanical engineering) and other functions in the business (marketing, manufacturing, purchasing and quality)
- Give input and maintain project plans to enable development projects to be delivered on time
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level (or similar) and be experienced with PCB’s, RF or microwave components and resigns. Used to working to ISO, TIA and IEEE standards, you will have experience with RF simulation software, ideally CST (Computer Simulation Technology).
Highly numerate and skilled in the development of Excel templates including complex number and matrix manipulation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation, currently operating with 95 employees, in a new, state-of-the-art facility able to handle continued growth for years to come. Our business offers a truly exciting and friendly environment where people last; staff turnover is low so most of our recruitment is simply through growth.
- Flexible Working
- Subsidised Canteen
- Free Parking
- Brand new state-of-the-art facility
To Apply: If you believe you have the required skills and experience, please upload and submit your CV to our external recruiter below.
Ideal living locations include; Northampton, Rugby, Kettering, Wellingborough, Milton Keynes,