- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and driven researcher to join our Navigation Sensors Group.
- The Team are responsible for the specification and assessment of Navigation Sensors for MBDA, such as inertial and satellite navigation equipment.
- The successful candidate will apply a proven ability to manage small, research based projects and a passion for new technology with a technical background to conduct, develop and manage various research activities – both small and large in scale.
- Research projects within the Navigation Sensors team involve close collaboration with internal MBDA stakeholders both within the UK and overseas;
As a Navigation Sensors researcher, you will conduct multiple projects covering a wide range of technologies within the team. You will apply your project management experience and technical background to deliver high value results. This role will include:
What’s in it for you?
- Project management of research projects
- Undertaking research and design activities on your own and as part of an international team.
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Collaborating with suppliers and researchers of Navigation Sensors and related technologies
- Producing documentation to support research projects, such as commercial bids and statements of work
- Designing and conducting laboratory tests
- Conducting analysis studies using theoretical knowledge, modelling tools and laboratory data
- To help understand the context of our research roadmap, you will be offered opportunities to work on the specification, assessment and integration of navigation sensors for current MBDA development programmes
What’s great about the team?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working to develop new and innovative solutions to address complex customer requirements
- You will develop expertise in navigation sensors; both conventional and cutting-edge technologies
- Involvement in the strategic growth of a rapidly evolving team
- Collaborative working with UK-wide & European travel
- You will take a key role in several multi-national research programmes
- The work is technically challenging, innovative and rewarding. The variety of work offered within the team also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development.
You will be joining a growing team with both the motivation to excel and a good team spirit! You will have the opportunity to apply your experience and enthusiasm for navigation sensor technologies to support the development and production of some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. Navigation sensors are a critical technology for missile systems and therefore the team has frequent exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects with rewarding opportunities. The team is very closely linked with the navigation sensors team in MBDA France, providing a good team spirit and identity.What are we looking for?Essential
- Ideally degree qualified or relevant experience
- A technical background in a relevant science and/or engineering discipline such as physics or electronic engineering
- A passion for research and development of emerging technologies
- Strong report writing abilities
- Good presentation and communication skills
What would you get?
- Knowledge and experience of navigation sensors
- An understanding of radio-frequency physics and antennas
- An awareness of the principles of accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Experience of technical sub-contractor management
- Experience with good systems engineering practices.
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)