Product Engineer (COTS)
The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
Within Ocado Automation Engineering sits the Central Product Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. They are the engineering experts providing centralised specialist knowledge to multiple teams within Ocado.
What will you be doing?...
- Supporting Automation Engineering Implementation with installation expertise
- Identifying and managing the resolution of engineering change requests and product improvements
- Reviewing, maintaining and communicating related product technical documentation
- Providing engineering product support, especially during design, installation & commissioning phases
- Proactively supporting engineering supply chain with engineering detail, including acceptance testing, and order specification
- Working closely with 3rd party suppliers to receive products and ensure successful handover of product to Central Automation Engineering team
- Demonstrable experience & success in Project Engineering and automation
- Experience of Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Experience working with global external vendors/3rd party suppliers including involvement in technical tenders
- Experience in the Field Installation of products and / or systems
- Experience of Acceptance Testing
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using CAD packages
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- A Technical / Engineering qualification to degree level in a relevant field.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……