What’s the opportunity?
An opportunity has arisen for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe’s number one missile system provider, developing design solutions for the next generation of weapons. What will you be doing?
You will lead mechanical design activities working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team taking responsibility for Design, Development and Proving activities throughout the product lifecycle for a wide range of missile systems.
You will have significant demonstrable experience of several of the following:
- Working to evolving projects technical and environmental requirements.
- You will ensure robust design using common development techniques such as DFMEA, DFA, DFM.
- You will be responsible for leading all proving activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
- You will manage physical interfaces with suppliers and subcontractors in order to integrate 3rd party supplied equipment/hardware.
- You will have accountability for development budgets and project planning including resource identification of people or equipment.
- You will support series production through Industrial validation activities (ensure quality/rate/cost).
You will be supported with the use of state of the art engineering tools and MBDA’s extensive in house facilities and capabilities. What are the benefits for you?
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be working on challenging engineering problems and will receive structured skills development.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation.
- You will be trained in specific aspects of missile system design.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
- You will have opportunity to develop your leadership skills
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of world class products.
- Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest technologies.
What you would get
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified plus significant post qualification experience in Mechanical Design and Development.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to lead significant mechanical design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- Have the awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude, a calm professional manner, and the ability to assess and set priorities and deal with multiple issues on a regular basis
- An understanding of structural/thermal/dynamic analysis would be advantageous.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities. Relocation support would be considered on a case by case basis. Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)