What’s the opportunity?
MBDA’s increasing workload has generated openings for an Interconnects Design Technical Lead to work within our growing Interconnects team designing bespoke Electrical Interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data transmission within and between subsystems in our products. What will you be doing?
You will be managing work packages as a Technical Lead creating designs for the creation of bespoke cable designs for power, signal & data transmission. To do this you will need to interpret Sub-System requirements and from these generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions on CAD. You will need to carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems, issues or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team. As the Technical Lead you will be responsible for making sure the work load is planned, budgeted correctly and that all design reviews/documentation are held/created at the correct time with the right people. The role also includes support and liaison with manufacturing to resolve manufacturing problems and defects, plus the support to functional and environmental trials. What are the benefits for you?
This role provides a wide scope of tasks and a unique opportunity to broaden technically within a growing company and high capability design teams. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success. What’s great about joining this team?
The Interconnects Engineering team is focussed on specific technologies and provides expertise to the design population in their specialist subject. This specialist team is well respected, supportive and operates in a friendly environment both within the team and also within the greater Electronics function. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, take ownership and expand personally to the level of experience and aspiration that one may have. Who and what we are looking for from you?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
What you would get
- Sound experience in Cable/Harness design
- Experience on HarnWare or similar CAD package advantageous.
- Experience in managing work packages
- Product life cycle awareness would be beneficial
- An understanding of Military Defence Standards and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C) would be beneficial.
- D38999 connector understanding.
- Understanding of flexible circuits would be beneficial.
- Ability to define cable construction based upon electrical constraints (Current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements)
- Have the ability to provide advice and support across projects and to other functions as appropriate
- Work effectively in collaboration with mechanical, electronic designers and relevant project managers
- Have an appreciation of Interconnect production/process engineering
- Work to required timescales, identifying and addressing critical aspects as a priority
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active approach, motivated with the ability to deliver quality products on time and to cost whilst ensuring Design for Manufacture and Design for Test.
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).